[asterisk-users] How can i switch to samba server omitting sshfs

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 01:57:40 CDT 2010

On Monday 02 Aug 2010, Janu Mukherjee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the following problem. I want to
>
> Call> --> <Asterisk AGI Answer> --> < Create File> -> <Copy File Asterisk>
> --> <Play File> --> <Finish Call>
>

> For now we are using sshfs to map the directories. I now want to achieve
> this using samba server. I am new to this concept and please help in this
> regard and provide me suggestions to move ahead.

Unless you specifically want to share files with Windows machines, you will
probably find that NFS -- Network File System, Unix's native file sharing --
is a better option than Samba.

You just need a line like this in /etc/exports on the server;
/usr/share/stuff  192.168.0.0/16(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

/usr/share/stuff is the directory to be exported  (shared)
192.168.0.0/16 is the network range allowed to connect to it
(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) are generic, sane options

and this in /etc/fstab on the client;
192.168.0.2:/usr/share/stuff  /stuff  nfs  defaults  0  0

192.168.0.2 is the server IP
/usr/share/stuff is the directory to be mounted
/stuff is the mountpoint on the local machine
nfs is the file system type
defaults is a generic, sane option
0 0 means don't include this file system in fsck

See also the manpages for exports and fstab respectively.  Note that depending
on which distribution you are running, you may need to install some packages
to make this work; refer to your distribution's homepage.

--
AJS