[asterisk-users] ATA shootout: PAP2T versus Grandstream Handytone 286

Raimund Sacherer rs at runsolutions.com
Fri Apr 30 02:53:46 CDT 2010

Hi, I had to choose between an 8 port FXS device from Cisco/Linksys (the sipura 3000) and a similar device from Grandstream. A look on the Grandstream's forums had me scratching my had, so much people with problems, frequently needed restarts, etc.

The next thing, the Cisco/Linksys seems to be manufactured (at least this device) with durability in mind, it includes a Fan and a sturdy aluminium case, wheres the Grandstream was plastic and as far as I recall had no cooling.

I went with the Cisco because I really needed this thing stable (it's on a Golfcourse and having there a problem means long car-drives) so up until know (nearly a month in production) I have no Problem at all. Way cheaper and easier to deploy than an internal FXS card ...

So, do yourself a favor and test the devices sometimes 15 bucks per device might seem at first a bargain, but if you have more problems in the long-run sometimes it turns into exactly the opposite.

best regards
Ray

-
RunSolutions
     Open Source It Consulting
-
Email: rs at runsolutions.com

Parc Bit - Centro Empresarial Son Espanyol
Edificio Estel - Local 3D
07121 -  Palma de Mallorca
Baleares