[asterisk-users] Follow-me to my answering machine :-(

Bryan Jacobs no at landwarsin.asia
Thu Apr 29 17:34:03 CDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:03:26 -0400
"Barry L. Kline" <blkline at attglobal.net> wrote:

> Bryan Jacobs wrote:
>
> > I can't "just call the car" - the car is my cell phone DID with a
> > bluetooth kit.
>
> I did this same thing you're attempting.  I have a desk set at home, a
> Polycom in my office and my cell phone all being called at the same
> time.  I called Verizon and had them disable voice mail on my cell
> phone so that the only voice mail system I use is my Asterisk box.  I
> no longer give out my cell phone number but only my home phone number
> and allow Asterisk to do all of the heavy lifting.

That's a great idea.  I think I'd port my cell phone number to the
Asterisk box and get a new cell number assigned which nobody knows.
This is the best solution I've heard so far - no hacks at all!  I
wonder if all the cell providers let you do this?

> Oh, and I set the caller*ID outbound to the caller*ID of the inbound
> call so I can still see who it is.

I already did this with the 'o' dial option.

> Barry

Bryan Jacobs