[asterisk-users] Asterisk Query

garge rama garge.rama at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 03:47:59 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to asterisk and trying to make calls with TDM400P asterisk digium
card.

I am using asterisk-1.6.2.4, dahdi-linux-complete-2.3.0+2.3.0 and
libpri-1.4.10.2 packages which are downloaded from asterisk website (
www.asterisk.org)

and able to compile successfully. TDM400P Digium card (having only one FXS
connected to J4) has installed successfully in PC.

I would like to make calls across SIP [x-lite] to analog phone connected to
TDM400P Digium card (fxs-j4).

For this the following four conf files are modified as shown below.

* chan_dahdi.conf*

*==============*

[channels]

context=test

usecallerid=yes

hidecallerid=no

immediate=no

signaling=fxo_ks

echocancel=yes

group=1

channel=1

*extensions.conf***

*=============*

[my-phones]

exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000)

[test]

exten => 3333,1,Dial(Zap/1)

exten => 3333,2,HangUp()

*sip.conf***

*=======*

[general]

port = 5060

bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

context = others

[2000]

type=friend

context=my-phones

secret=1234

host=dynamic

*system.conf*

*==========*

fxoks=1

loadzone = be

defaultzone = be

With those changes x-lite getting registered with asterisk and analog
device/phone is getting ring tone with off-hook and also getting debug
prints on cli, but not able to make calls.

Test Setup:

========

 X-lite [configured as 2000, password… other info] running on asterisk
PC àregistered with asterisk.

 Analog phone connected to TDM400P Digium card - FXS-J4 running on same
asterisk PC à getting ring tone

Test Result:

=========

Tried by calling 3333 from x-lite à getting message on CLI “call from ‘2000’
to ‘3333’ rejected because extension not found”

Tried by calling 2000 from analog phone [Digium-FXS-J4] -> getting some
engage/disconnected tone while pressing digts [2000] on phone itself.

Welcome for your valuable suggestions and comments. Thank You in advance.

Regards,

Garge.