[asterisk-users] Broadvoice inbound fails on Asterisk 1.6.1

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Tue Apr 27 21:21:22 CDT 2010

On 4/27/2010 8:07 PM, Richard Kenner wrote:
>> [sip.broadvoice.com]

>> [broadvoice]
>>           exten =>  5555551234,1,Set(CDR(accountcode)="44")
>>
>> and Asterisk is still giving me this error in the logs (while playing a
>> number does not exist sound clip):
>> [Apr 27 18:11:19] NOTICE[12179] chan_sip.c: Call from '5555551234' to
>> extension '5555551234' rejected because extension not found.
>>
>> I have played with the register settings, I have played with the sip
>> context settings, I have tried an 's' extension in the broadvoice
>> context, and I am out of ideas. Does anyone have an idea of what is
>> going on with this?
>>
> The register is irrelevant for incoming calls and an 's' extension
> won't get reached in this situation.  MOST LIKELY what's happening is
> that the SIP call isn't maching the security parameters in
> [sip.broadvoice.com] and thus being put into the default context.
>
> To test this theory, add
>
>     exten =>  _X.,1,NoOp(${EXTEN})
>
> in both the default and broadvoice contexts and see which one gets hit
> and what the extension is when you make the incoming call.
>
> If it's going to default, then turn SIP debugging on and then make
> another call and see if the parameters in the INVITE match what you
> expect in the [sip.broadvoice.com] clause.

Did that, didn't get very far with the dialplan route. Checked the
invite settings and realized, duh on me, that the domain wasn't matching
up. It was passing my public IP address, and * was looking for the
asterisk box IP. Changed that setting and tested and it works.

Thanks for the idea's and helping rattle a bit more sense into what I
was doing.

~Seann