[asterisk-users] Broadvoice inbound fails on Asterisk 1.6.1

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Tue Apr 27 20:07:59 CDT 2010

> [sip.broadvoice.com]

> [broadvoice]
>          exten => 5555551234,1,Set(CDR(accountcode)="44")
>
> and Asterisk is still giving me this error in the logs (while playing a
> number does not exist sound clip):
> [Apr 27 18:11:19] NOTICE[12179] chan_sip.c: Call from '5555551234' to
> extension '5555551234' rejected because extension not found.
>
> I have played with the register settings, I have played with the sip
> context settings, I have tried an 's' extension in the broadvoice
> context, and I am out of ideas. Does anyone have an idea of what is
> going on with this?

The register is irrelevant for incoming calls and an 's' extension
won't get reached in this situation.  MOST LIKELY what's happening is
that the SIP call isn't maching the security parameters in
[sip.broadvoice.com] and thus being put into the default context.

To test this theory, add

   exten => _X.,1,NoOp(${EXTEN})

in both the default and broadvoice contexts and see which one gets hit
and what the extension is when you make the incoming call.

If it's going to default, then turn SIP debugging on and then make
another call and see if the parameters in the INVITE match what you
expect in the [sip.broadvoice.com] clause.