[asterisk-users] callprogress issue

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:06:04 CDT 2010

I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.1 with DAHDI 2.2.1 using a TDM410P.  I have
callprogress=yes in chan_dahdi.conf because, from everything I've read, it
is needed when using call files over PSTN, which I DO use occasionally.

I know that callprogress=yes is "experimental" and causes some issues.
We've never experienced any problems when making local calls over PSTN with
callprogress turned on.  However, 1-800 calls do not work (and possibly
other long-distance calls but I do not have long distance service on my PSTN
and can't test that).  My Dial() command has a ring-timeout of 60 seconds.
I've noticed that calls to 1-800 numbers cut off after 60 seconds even if
you're in the middle of a conversation.  I've also had problems getting DTMF
signals to work when making 1-800 calls which makes it impossible to
interact with menus during the call.

None of these problems occur when the calls are within our own local calling
area.  Could this be a callprogress issue and why would it only cause
problems for non-local calls?

--
Chris