[asterisk-users] Jitter Buffer and MeetMe.

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 20:50:17 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:13 AM, russian qwerty
<russian.qwerty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, David.
> Thank you for reply. But my problem is certainly in the size of JitterBuffer
> of chan_local. I realy need to know how to change the size of JB (reduce).
> BTW:
> 1. The file /etc/asterisk/dsp.conf doesn't exist in my Asterisk 1.6.0.6
> (something wrong?).

It will take defaults if it does not exist. Since you want to
over-ride the defaults, you should make one and put in the suggested
values.

If you want to see the sample one, you can download source and do
'make samples', but I don't recommend doing that with your production
system.

> 2. VAD is already disable for all trunks.

Good, but you should also disable vad within asterisk.

> 3. And 'talker optimization' future is already disable by patch for
> app_meetme.c.

Good, but make sure also not invoking it with any special flags to
meetme. Original 1.6.0 series was forced on, then it became optional,
and possible to invoke with flags.

Also, 1.6.0.6 is rather old at this point. I no longer remember the
improvements, if any, that may affect your situation, but you could
check out meetme in changelog for latest 1.6.0 series.