[asterisk-users] Follow-me to my answering machine :-(

Bryan Jacobs no at landwarsin.asia
Thu Apr 22 12:31:52 CDT 2010

Hello asterisk users!

I, like many people, have a cell phone.  I also have some SIP phone
devices (software and hardware).  I'd like to have one number that
rings all my phones and routes the call to wherever I pick up.

However, my cell phone has its own call forwarding voicemail.  I can't
just turn that off, because then direct-to-cell calls wouldn't ever get
to voicemail - that would be bad (TM).

app_followme sounds like a solution.  BUT, I also have a car.  And I
cannot use DTMF to respond to the app_followme prompts (which I WANT,
to avoid routing the forwarded call to voicemail when the cell phone is
off and its voicemail "picks up"), while driving.

I've tried using dial macros and AMD(), but this is complex,
very unreliable, and delays the connection of the call significantly.

Is there some way to make app_followme use voice recognition?  Or some
other solution so that I can get all my phones to ring with one number,
even when my cell phone is off or out of range?

Bryan Jacobs