[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 08:22:27 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Fred Posner <fred at teamforrest.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2010, at 4:50 AM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Frank Bulk wrote:
>>
>>> Please take note of their posting:
>>>      https://aws.amazon.com/security/
>>> which discusses the issue and what they're doing to improve response.
>>
>> And is anyone on the list worthy of being considered a "significant SIP
>> provider" to be honoured with the privilege of working with them?
>>
>> Gordon
>>

> None of the carriers I deal with have been contacted. Of course, them only contacting "significant" providers... does that mean it's ok if the attacks happen to non-significant providers or end-points?
>
> ---fred
> http://qxork.com

If it got to their BS/PR page/blog it means they're hearing about
complaints on the net as well as people like you submitting. Everyone
please keep posting where you can and sooner or later, someone big
will pick up the story.

Funny, I'd think the most "worthy" people to comment on this issue are
on this list. That's the feedback they should be looking for and
working on at Amazon EC2.

/r