[asterisk-users] Extensions Reload | Asterisk Freezes ? 1.4

Positively Optimistic positivelyoptimistic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:37:08 CDT 2010

Thanks for the response Mr. Madsen...

Typically we leave verbosity set at 20...  with debugging disabled. (0).  It
is a somewhat older version of asterisk..    and I don't follow the release
cycle too closely..    I'll go digging through the release notes and see if
I can identify any notes regarding this specific issue...

Is anyone experiencing this on a later release..?

We don't really see a point in upgrading unless it adds a feature or the
upgrade is known to resolve a problem.. upgrading for the sake of upgrading
hasn't been something we practice.... and, knock on wood, it's been
extremely stable with this one exception...  oh!! i forgot, DNS, or the lack
thereof, also tends to kill asterisk...  kill as in, freeze solid...., so,
with these two exceptions... it's solid as a rock..

Connected to Asterisk 1.4.16.1 currently running on sw0 (pid = 2421)

Verbosity is at least 20