[asterisk-users] Changing storm-prevention behaviour in logger.conf

Remco Bressers rbressers at signet.nl
Sat Apr 17 16:14:23 CDT 2010

Dear List,

According to https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14905 there is a storm
prevention mechanism in newer Asterisks. If i look in my logfile, i see :

[2010-04-17 15:12:01] NOTICE[1190] chan_sip.c: Registration from '"xxxx"
<sip:xxx at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>' failed for 'xx.xx.xx.xx' - Wrong password
[2010-04-17 15:12:01] NOTICE[1190] chan_sip.c: Last message repeated 3
times

This IS a good thing to do, but i want to disable this behaviour. We are
using fail2ban to ban scripts and people from the Asterisk system. On
version 1.4.23 this worked fine, but now this mechanism is in place, i
cannot use fail2ban anymore.

Is there any option to disable this behaviour, or even better, add it to
logger.conf so anybody can decide what to do? I just want all logging and it seems impossible now.
Maybe a patch on the source?

Regards,

Remco Bressers
Signet B.V.