[asterisk-users] How can I record the conversations in a conference call?

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Apr 16 11:10:31 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 08:38 -0700, Luki wrote:
> > "Please note: A Zaptel timer must be present for conferencing to work!", but
> > if the user does not have "ZAP/DAHDI hardware", he can use ZAP/DAHDI DUMMY
>
> Actually, my understanding is that this is incorrect. The conference
> must contain ZAP/DAHDI callers. A dummy won't do. The reason is that
> the ZAP/DAHDI driver mixes the audio in the driver and when this is
> not available it falls back to mixing within MeetMe. But in such case,
> you can neither record the conference nor run an AGI in the
> background.
>
> See: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe. This is
> from 2004, maybe it changed by now.
>
> Luki

	I use Meetme all the time in servers that just use dahdi_dummy.  I
would say that in the past no one would recommend having more than 10
users in a conference is you did not have a hardware clock but that has
changed.  With newer kernels and Asterisk versions I have been able to
get over 50 people in a single Meetme room without any glitches.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001