[asterisk-users] How can I record the conversations in a conference call?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:38:07 CDT 2010

> "Please note: A Zaptel timer must be present for conferencing to work!", but
> if the user does not have "ZAP/DAHDI hardware", he can use ZAP/DAHDI DUMMY

Actually, my understanding is that this is incorrect. The conference
must contain ZAP/DAHDI callers. A dummy won't do. The reason is that
the ZAP/DAHDI driver mixes the audio in the driver and when this is
not available it falls back to mixing within MeetMe. But in such case,
you can neither record the conference nor run an AGI in the
background.

See: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe. This is
from 2004, maybe it changed by now.

Luki