[asterisk-users] How to set up Fax on Asterisk - Using analog Fax machines and HT502 (or FXS of a Digium TDM410P)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Apr 16 10:13:51 CDT 2010

Danny Dias wrote:

> We are having MANY but MANY problems configuring an analog fax machine
> to work properly on Asterisk, the first thing we do was to plug in the
> Fax analog machine to the FXS port of the Digium TDM410P, we set
> echocancel=no on zapata.conf and also faxdetect=yes on general section,
> but our Asterisk CRASH every time we try to send/receive fax!
>
> We are using Asterisk 1.4.21 and Zaptel 1.4.11; the card does not shows
> any interrupt in /proc/interrupts
>
> We also tried with a Sangoma B600 on this machine and the same result!
> Then we tried with the sangoma and digium card on another asterisk box,
> with Asterisk 1.4.30 and DAHDI 2.2.x and the fax was not reliable 100%
> but at least Asterisk vener went down

So you've confirmed that a later release of Asterisk solves the problem
you are trying to resolve, but your customer won't let you use that
version. What do you expect people here to be able to do to assist you?
Either you upgrade to the version that has the problem resolved, or you
figure out how to backport the relevant changes into the version you are
running... but that seems to also violate your customer's restriction
that you can't change Asterisk versions.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com