[asterisk-users] How to set up Fax on Asterisk - Using analog Fax machines and HT502 (or FXS of a Digium TDM410P)

Danny Dias ing.diasdanny at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 00:16:26 CDT 2010

Hello Asterisk users,

We are having MANY but MANY problems configuring an analog fax machine to
work properly on Asterisk, the first thing we do was to plug in the Fax
analog machine to the FXS port of the Digium TDM410P, we set echocancel=no
on zapata.conf and also faxdetect=yes on general section, but our Asterisk
CRASH every time we try to send/receive fax!

We are using Asterisk 1.4.21 and Zaptel 1.4.11; the card does not shows any
interrupt in /proc/interrupts

We also tried with a Sangoma B600 on this machine and the same result! Then
we tried with the sangoma and digium card on another asterisk box, with
Asterisk 1.4.30 and DAHDI 2.2.x and the fax was not reliable 100% but at
least Asterisk vener went down

We cant make any upgrade of Asterisk/Zaptel due to some rules of the
customer, the do not want to use fax2email, they need to use the panasonic
fax machine, this is driving me crazy!

We also tried with a HT502 with passtrough fax mode and pcmu and pcma
enabled and the same result, asterisk does down when trying to receive/send
a fax

What could solve our problem? what else should we try about configuration?
just faxdetect=incoming and set echocancel=yes and that's all? Please your
help, we really need to put this working

Thanks in advance for all your help!

--
Saludos
Danny Dias