[asterisk-users] [Conference] Audio/Video

Jamie A. Stapleton jstapleton at computer-business.com
Wed Apr 14 23:40:45 CDT 2010

http://www.projectdiastar.org/ looks promising...

On Apr 14, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Stéphane Bauland wrote:

Le 04/15/2010 12:11 AM, Hans Witvliet a écrit :
On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 22:55 +0200, Stéphane Bauland wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm planning of creating a speech/video conference application. This
application will provide a system to see/listen to each personn present
in the conference.

So each ppl will have a audio and video stream.

I'm wondering if you know a way to do this with asterisk or if it's
supported ?

If it is, i'm asking you about some documentation or related article (if
you know ones) where i could find more informations.

Else, do you know any other way to do this ?

Best regards,

Would love to see a _working_ video conf.....
afaicr it's currently vapor-ware
Are you thinking of letting asterisk doing video multiplexing?
Or are you aiming just for a conference with a small number of
participants?

hw

We (cause we are a team) are planning of doing a multi user conference
software at a end school project.

The way we go is, we are looking throught jungle (xmpp ext for jabber)
to create conference between many people. We don't want to set a
limitation about "how many participant of a conference).

But right now, i'm discovering asterisk, and i need some informations
from people like you that know the soft and his capatibilities...

So i think yes, we want to do video multiplexing.

Do you think a software like that could use asterisk as a backend ?

And, do you know any other software that is doing the same thing using
asterisk ?

--
Stéphane Bauland

Jamie A. Stapleton
CBSi - Connecting your problems with solutions.
Telephone:  (804) 412-1601
Facsimile:  (804) 412-1611
VideoConf:  callto:jstapleton.computer-business.com

Meet me on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstapleton>

Have I exceeded your expectations?  Please share your experience with our Founder, Fred W. Brumbaugh<mailto:fbrumbaugh at computer-business.com>

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.