[asterisk-users] [Conference] Audio/Video

Stéphane Bauland baulan_s at epitech.net
Wed Apr 14 18:04:58 CDT 2010

Le 04/15/2010 12:11 AM, Hans Witvliet a écrit :
> On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 22:55 +0200, Stéphane Bauland wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm planning of creating a speech/video conference application. This
>> application will provide a system to see/listen to each personn present
>> in the conference.
>>
>> So each ppl will have a audio and video stream.
>>
>> I'm wondering if you know a way to do this with asterisk or if it's
>> supported ?
>>
>> If it is, i'm asking you about some documentation or related article (if
>> you know ones) where i could find more informations.
>>
>> Else, do you know any other way to do this ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

> Would love to see a _working_ video conf.....
> afaicr it's currently vapor-ware
> Are you thinking of letting asterisk doing video multiplexing?
> Or are you aiming just for a conference with a small number of
> participants?
>
> hw

We (cause we are a team) are planning of doing a multi user conference
software at a end school project.

The way we go is, we are looking throught jungle (xmpp ext for jabber)
to create conference between many people. We don't want to set a
limitation about "how many participant of a conference).

But right now, i'm discovering asterisk, and i need some informations
from people like you that know the soft and his capatibilities...

So i think yes, we want to do video multiplexing.

Do you think a software like that could use asterisk as a backend ?

And, do you know any other software that is doing the same thing using
asterisk ?

--
Stéphane Bauland