[asterisk-users] Ring Two Extensions Simultaneously with different caller ID values?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:39:54 CDT 2010

Lincoln,

> Is there any way to feed different caller ID information to both sets while
> keeping them ringing simultaneously? My idea is to prefix the called
> extension to the name field (so as not to break redial/callback features on
> the phones)

you can do this with a local channel, like:

Set(__TARGET=${EXTEN})
Dial(SIP/phone1&Local/phone2 at common_area)

[common_area]
exten => _phone.,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${TARGET}: ${CALLERID(name)})
exten => _phone.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

Something like that. I hope I got all the () and {} right, I don't do
that much dial-plan coding anymore...

Luki