[asterisk-users] SIP equivalent of zap "c" option

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Tue Apr 13 10:26:56 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 03:37:37PM +0100, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> At the moment, we have a feature where if someone's sip extension is
> called, we also make another call to their mobile. We use the "c"
> option in the zap dialstring so that the user has to press "#" after
> answering to confirm the call (this prevents things like the
> answermachine grabbing the call if the mobile is switched off).
>
> We are now looking to move towards a sip provider to take all of our
> ISDN calls, so instead of using zap / isdn to call the mobile, we will
> be routing the call over a SIP trunk. Is there any feature of SIP that
> we can use in order to duplicate this functionality (i.e. have to
> press # to confirm the call)

You could do something like this:

   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+findme

It works well for me. If I answer then hit "1" on my cellphone I
get the call, otherwise it goes to Asterisk VM, and never to
the cellphone VM.

[whatever]
exten => s,n,Dial(${EXT}&${CCME}&local/101 at internals,20,rt)

[internals]
exten => 101,1,Dial(${MARKCELL},30,tgM(screen))
exten => 101,n,Goto(main-menu,s,1)   ; if not answered and accepted

[macro-screen]
exten => s,1,Wait(0.5)
exten => s,n,Read(ACCEPT,followme/options,1,,1,20)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${ACCEPT}" = "1"]?yes:no)
exten => s,n(yes),Background(connecting)
exten => s,n,Goto(end)
exten => s,n(no),Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)
exten => s,n(end),NoOp

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)