[asterisk-users] Asterisk in Debian/Lenny without Junghanns.net support?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Apr 11 14:28:33 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 07:45:34PM +0200, Darshaka Pathirana wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Asterisk in Debian/Lenny claims to be bristuffed, not? At least the
> the Debian patch tracking system shows the bristuff-patches:
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/bRRHe7
>
> We have a QuadBRI-Card and recently needed support from Junghanns.net
> but they refused telling us there is no bristuff installed because of
> the show version output:
>
> *CLI> show version
> Asterisk 1.4.21.2~dfsg-3+lenny1 built by pbuilder @ grnetbox on a
> x86_64 running Linux on 2009-12-14 19:04:56 UTC
>
> Why was the "bristuffed" line removed? Debian/Etch did have that
> postfix.

Simple answer:

http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/asterisk/1:1.4.21.2~dfsg-3+lenny1

So they are mostly bristuff. However they include other fixes (including
some fixes that were never accepted by Junghanns due to bad
communication).

There are some other changes apart from the bristuff fixes and we can't
simply call it "bristuffed".

> After telling them Debian/Lenny IS bristuffed they said this
> "installation method" is not supported. Huh?!

I cannot comment on that, for obvious reasons.

> P.s.: X-Posted to debian-user and asterisk-user list.

(Answering both, as I'm on both, though I prefer asterisk-users)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com