[asterisk-users] long return times from System() calls with 1.6.2.6?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:47:38 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, something is really weird when I need to do System() calls.
> It almost feels like delay in reading loopback, or running out of
> available files on the system, or something like that. I'm rebooted,
> and the problem did not go away.
>
> I'm doing really, really innocent things, like:
>
> exten => s,n,System(test -e ${MESSAGE_PATH}${EXTEN})

So I did some more testing. Same dialplan, reverted to
asterisk-1.6.0.13, and the contexts that do these test -e calls runs
lightning fast. It's like maybe there's something going on where it
needs to run sudo or something?

Took iptables down, no change.

I run asterisk as non-root.

I then tried running asterisk as root. Same problem, so that doesn't
seem to be it.

went looking around asterisk.conf, didn't see any pertinent settings,
but then again, it's been a long time since I've built 'make
examples', so maybe there's a new setting in there that controls calls
out to the system?