[asterisk-users] Linksys/Sipura SPA-3201 FXO/FSA with Asterisk

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Thu Apr 8 09:09:47 CDT 2010

All,

    I am looking at a little support on this, as I haven't found it on
google yet. I have had this work on Callweaver, but am moving to
Asterisk for a variety of reasons. My dial plans, and everything else
transferred perfectly, though I am not sure they are 'correct' for
Asterisk 1.6.1, with simple things like SIP users outlined in the
sip.conf file, not in the users file, and my dialplan syntaxes don't
appear to be liked by the asterisk-gui program (not a big deal, was just
something shiny to look at for me, to try to figure out a way to get
this going).

    What my problem is with Asterisk is my SPA-3201 is my primary voice
gateway, as I do not own any Digium hardware, and currently do not have
a SIP provider outside of my PBX at home. When I restart Asterisk,
everything works perfectly. I let Asterisk sit for an hour or so, and it
stops allowing calls to be routed into the assigned extension. I do see
stuff from the communications, at the time the call lands on the
Asterisk server:

  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
  == Using SIP VRTP CoS mark 6

The logic is that the SPA is registered as an extension on my system,
and incoming calls are routed into the system VIA that extension. The
dialplan that the SPA connects to is:

[gw8028]
        exten => 8028,1,Answer
        exten => 8028,n,Set(CallerNum=${CALLERID(num)})
        exten => 8028,n,Set(CallerName=${CALLERID(name)})
        exten => 8028,n,Set(CDR(accountcode)="8203")
        exten => 8028,n,Set(CDR(UserField)="POTS")
        exten => 8028,n,Goto(from-internal,111,1)
        exten => 8028,n,Hangup

the 'from-internal' is my current call filtering/processing subsystem.

The outbound side of this works just fine though, as well as my ATA's
and Cisco 7960's are able to make and receive calls when this is
happening. I can include any additional details if requested, as I don't
know exactly what would be helpful to others with this. The SPA itself
hasn't been changed in seven months, and is stable with Callweaver.

Thanks in Advance,
Seann Clark