[asterisk-users] OT - S450ip and R-key transfer

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 8 04:28:30 CDT 2010

Hi,

How to set a Gigaset S450IP up to support R-key transfers ?
Mine is enabled with firmware 02223.

In Settings/Telephony/Advanced Settings, I set:

DTMF Send Settings: SIP info
Call transfer:
Use the R-Key to initiate call transfer: yes
Transfer call by on-hook: yes
Derive target address: from SIP URL
Find target address: automatically
Hold on transfer target:  attended and unattended

Then, whenever I press the R-Key while on call, I call see that a Flash
event is sent to Asterisk (1.6.1.X) which doesn't support this feature (to
my knowledge).
I could re-program R-key to send and unused A-DTMF signal instead and tie
this signal to an attended transfer feature, for instance, but I'm hesitant
to change features.conf as this will apply to every phone.

Is someone successfull with this R-key transfer (and 02223 firmware) ?
What would you suggest ?

Regards