[asterisk-users] Rebooting Polycom's - Could not create address for 'XXXX'

Jake Wilson jake.wilson at answeron.com
Wed Apr 7 16:23:26 CDT 2010

We are running a PBX box for our small company's phone system. There are two phones on our network that are not working though.

When I reboot a phone that works correctly, like this (note 4907 is the phones extension):

asterisk -rx "sip notify polycom-check-cfg 4907"

It returns this:

Sending NOTIFY of type 'polycom-check-cfg' to '4907'

and the phone proceeds to reboot normally.

However if I try to do this with a phone that is not connecting, like extension 4912, I get this:

Could not create address for '4912'

And /var/log/asterisk/full just spits out:

[Apr  7 15:20:41] VERBOSE[2899] logger.c:     -- Remote UNIX connection
[Apr  7 15:20:41] VERBOSE[12115] logger.c:     -- Remote UNIX connection disconnected

Not much help. I can't seem to see any other Logs that are logging anything for this phone.

Does anyone have any clue where I can start to determine the problem? Where should I be looking?

On this PBX box, all the Polycom provisioning configs and settings are in /home/PlcmSpIp/

I'm new to the PBX/Asterisk thing cause I'm taking over for the previous IT guy and trying to figure out the mess he made with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake