[asterisk-users] Dynamic agent showing as "Invalid"

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Apr 7 14:38:59 CDT 2010

Jordan Kirby escribió:

> Hi,
>

> I have written some very simple dialplan logic for our call centre
> agent system so that when we log an agent into the queue they login as
> something like:
>

> Local/4223 at RoamingAgent/n
>

> We have the occasional problem whereby Asterisk sees an agent as Invalid:
>

> Local/4223 at RoamingAgent/n with penalty 10 (dynamic) (Invalid) has
> taken no calls yet
>

> Can anyone shed any light on what asterisk would consider Invalid? If
> I restart asterisk the problem goes away for some time and when it
> reoccurs it isn't always the same agent. All other agents using the
> methods to login/out are working fine. Just logging this agent out and
> back in again doesn't correct the problem.
>

> The RoamingAgent code just looks up the SIP extension for any given
> agent from the asterisk database and sends the call there.
>

> We're using Asterisk 1.6.2.0.
>

> Thanks
>

> Jordan

Normally asterisk shows local channels as Invalid when there is not a
valid extension and context where it points to. In your case, there may
not be a 4223 extension on the RoamingAgent context. Try fixing and
reloading your dialplan, and reloading the app_queue.so module for it to
recheck the local channel member definitions.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina