[asterisk-users] Dynamic agent showing as "Invalid"

Jordan Kirby jordan.kirby at gagenetworks.com
Wed Apr 7 07:13:40 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have written some very simple dialplan logic for our call centre agent system so that when we log an agent into the queue they login as something like:

Local/4223 at RoamingAgent/n

We have the occasional problem whereby Asterisk sees an agent as Invalid:

Local/4223 at RoamingAgent/n with penalty 10 (dynamic) (Invalid) has taken no calls yet

Can anyone shed any light on what asterisk would consider Invalid? If I restart asterisk the problem goes away for some time and when it reoccurs it isn't always the same agent. All other agents using the methods to login/out are working fine. Just logging this agent out and back in again doesn't correct the problem.

The RoamingAgent code just looks up the SIP extension for any given agent from the asterisk database and sends the call there.

We're using Asterisk 1.6.2.0.

Thanks

Jordan