[asterisk-users] Asterisk and MWI with Exchange 2010

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Apr 6 10:11:34 CDT 2010

Jay Vocaire wrote:
> I have been working on getting Asterisk and Exchange 2010 UM working together, and so far I am pretty happy.  The one thing not working right now is MWI.
>
> I searched a bit and found this: https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13028
>
> Now, please pardon me for being ignorant of all of this, but I am trying to figure out if this has been actually implemented yet.  It looks like it has, but only in the 1.6.2 branch, is this correct?
>
> I am running 1.6.0.26, but would be willing to move to the 1.6.2 branch if this feature will never be released in 1.6.0.

Features are not backported to previous branches. If the feature does not exist
in the 1.6.0 branch but does in the 1.6.2 branch, then you will need to upgrade.

Information about 1.6.x versioning can be found here:
http://blogs.asterisk.org/2009/06/24/about-the-new-asterisk-versioning-method/

As a follow up to that, we're moving away from the version number styles we
implemented for 1.6.x branches. Information about why that is can be found here:

http://blogs.asterisk.org/2010/01/29/about-asterisk-1-6-2-release/

Leif.