[asterisk-users] OT: Wireless headset / phone combination

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Apr 6 09:39:31 CDT 2010

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:49:50 +1200, Alec Davis wrote:

><snip>
>Seconded - I've clients with the Plantronics CS60 and CS70's with the HL10's
>on a combination of Snom and Grandstream GXP2000 desk phones. A bit extra
>desk spaghetti, but they think it's worth it...
></snip>
>
>Seems like it's either 2 or 3 devices to make this work.
>The lifter is not required, as mostly operators are sitting at stations,
>wired headsets ensures this :)
>
>I had in mind something like the "Zultys ZIP 4x5 IP Phone" and it's
>bluetooth headset. But they're old now.

Yes, old and unsupported. These have not been manufactured for quite
some time. I had one and thought it very promising but the hardware
quality was not what I had hoped.

>And I do wonder, how long do the batteries last on a charge, a call centre
>operator could be talking for a good period of the day.

I might have hoped that snom would use one of the USB ports on the 820
or 870 models to provide support for a Bluetooth headset.

The Cisco SPA-525G supports Bluetooth, as does the Aastra 6739i. Both
are higher end models.

Myself I rely upon a Counterpath soft phone and use the Plantronics
Savi Go, which comes with a Class 1 Bluetooth USB dongle. It works
great with my desktop and my cell phone.

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com
sip:mgraves at mstvp.onsip.com