[asterisk-users] SIP Dialplan Failover Solution

Aurimas Skirgaila a.skirgaila at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 08:24:28 CDT 2010

Hi,

I do use the first solution based on DIALSTATUS variable. (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Superdial+macro)

since it's included to a separated context named [superdial-macro], I don't
have to repeat it over and over, so the fact that it's not a oneliner
doesn't bother me at all :)

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Alexandru Oniciuc <
Alexandru.Oniciuc at trivenet.it> wrote:

>  Hello list,
>

>                 I need a hand to find the best dialplan failover solution
> when using two SIP Trunks.
>

>                 My reasons to do failover are:
>
> a)      one of the two providers could be unreachable
>
> b)      both providers may be UP but one of them could return a SIP error
> message (maybe caused by DOWN E1s)
>

>                 Googling I found a few possible solutions:
>

> 1.       Using DIALSTATUS variable.
>

> 2.       Dialing in sequence:
>
>                exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${TRUNK1}/${EXTEN})
>
>                exten => _X.,2,Dial(SIP/${TRUNK2}/${EXTEN})
>

> 3.  ChanIsAvail
>

>                 Using the first method it’s possible to get the CONGESTION
> and CHANUNAVAIL status which pretty much solves my problem but it takes more
> than 2 lines of dialplan(I like one liners).
>
> The second solution requires less space in the dialplan but it should work
> only when the called party is busy (or maybe even when the first trunk is
> down).
>

> Is there a clean way to send the call to the second SIP provider if the
> first one is unreachable or spits out sip error messages?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Alex
>
> --

Mvh,