[asterisk-users] EXTENSION_STATE Asterisk 1.6

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 13:52:29 CDT 2009

Hi

I've a queue which has generic zap extensions (of my legacy PBX which is
connected to asterisk via cross over on span 4 ) logged in ..The legacy pbx
extensions are able to logon to queue perfect.. but Whenever a call comes in
queue the status of that extension in "queue show <queuename>" always shows
as "NOT IN USE" instead of ringing or In use as shown in a SIP extension..My
question is there anyway to register custom generic zap extensions onto the
hints and get the status via extension state command ..alternatviley how can
I show the device status as "In USE" when that legacy extension is on a call
??

Requesting for a help

Thanks

Sriram