[asterisk-users] digium fax: can't indicate condition 19?

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Sep 29 20:28:19 CDT 2009

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Where would you suggest this note be placed? We've tried to make our
> documentation as clear as possible that the download selector is the
> canonical place to get the proper FFA modules for any given version of
> Asterisk, and the fact that the newer versions of Asterisk are not
> listed there should have raised a red flag in people's minds that they
> might not be supported.
>
> I'm open to suggestions on how to make this better, but it should
> (hopefully) be a one time occurrence caused by the major changes we had
> to make in T.38 support to fix a number of issues.

Yes, I was concerned when I noticed my version of asterisk was not
listed. However, I took a leap of faith that if it supports some 1.6.1.x
releases, it would support them all. My assumption was that they were
simply not released when the most recent Fax app was released. Usually
minor version releases don't break APIs :)

Adding an option to the selector for the more recent asterisk versions
and then displaying a note indicating that the G.711 functionality is
working but the T.38 support is temporarily broken would have been an
excellent place to clear up the issue.

Thanks for caring :)

--
Trevor Peirce