[asterisk-users] chanspy and DISA

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Tue Sep 29 14:22:06 CDT 2009

Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, John Millican wrote:
>
>> I have a request for remote users to be able to dial through the system
>> so that the sales managers can barge/chanspy on the sales force. I have
>> the DISA part working with authentication(rather straight forward) but
>> what I can not figure out is how to enable the supervisors to be able to
>> barge on these calls.  Is there a way to find the channel to barge on
>> that would be usable by NON tech people?
>
> How do you see this working? I'm guessing the manager would like to either
> key in an agent ID number or be able to step through agents?
>
> The chanspy() "g" option may be part of your solution.
>
>      g(grp) - Match only channels where their ${SPYGROUP} variable is set
> to 'grp'.

Exactly, the problem is I can not determine the channel that DISA
receives or places the call on.  Is there a way to set this in the dial
plan? Or am I just missing something simple?  It was suggested to use
the AMI and present the info as a web page but this will require
retraining the manager, as we all know this is a notoriously difficult
process.
JohnM