[asterisk-users] OT - In which countries are ISDN subaddressesused ?

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Mon Sep 28 22:51:56 CDT 2009

I'm interested, and I expect others will be on how you might use it.

Our use on the mantis bug, is to allow 3 ISDN connected sites (no reliable
internet) each running asterisk, to dial other staff members in the other
branches.
The key to this working is the subaddress being populated with the dailled
extension, but the main number is called.

The dialplan see's the incoming call, checks the calledsubaddress and then
directs the call to the appropriate extension, all in a split second. No
IVR, no DDI.

The natural answer is why not use DDI, that's one for each staff member,
could get a bit expensive.

Alec

  _____