[asterisk-users] Inquiry:How to convert *.wav files ?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 00:44:26 CDT 2009

Dear All
Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I convert *.wav files
into 32 bit 44 KHz ? Please be informed that I have specific sound files in
*.wav format that I converted them into *.gsm format with the aid of the
following command :
#sox FR00003.wav FR00003.gsm
It got through but the voice quality is poor . I need to convert the
original *.wav sound files (their file attribute is reported as WAVE audio
mono 8000 Hz) into 32 bit 44 KHz for better voice quality . Can you please
help me .
Thank you in advance