[asterisk-users] DAHDI disconnect supervision timing

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:19:39 CDT 2009

Ok so this is officially driving me crazy. I have an Asterisk 1.6.1.6
install with DAHDI/DAHDI tools (latest) and an OpenVOX TDM400 card with 1
FXO port and 1 FXS port. I have a POTS line from my phone company attached
to the POTS line.

I have asked for "disconnect supervision" to be provisioned on my line and
they claim to have added it. However, my scenario is as follows:

I receive a call, if the caller hangs up before hitting voice mail, the
DAHDI channel is released as to be expected (evidenced from console
messaging)
If the call gets to voicemail and the caller hangs up during the greeting,
no hangup condition is ever detected and I am greeted with a useless
voicemail moments later.

I am using kewlstart signaling etc. I came across this page from Digium:

http://kb.digium.com/entry/6/

This suggests adjusting a variable in zaptel.h, as I don't use zaptel, can
this same logic be applied to DAHDI somewhere? My theory is that the
"disconnect supervision" signal coming from the phone company may be less
than 1000ms.

Desperately trying to fix this.....

Thanks,
Stephen