[asterisk-users] Polycom push application for microbrowser

randulo randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:05:47 CDT 2009

Hi,

Sorry about posted a protected link, I forgot we'd closed the site to
spammers since we don't use it anymore. The useful content was
re-posted in our list.

URI dialing on Polycom phones

http://tr.im/polyapp

One of the applications originally posted in the VoIP Users Conference
site by Dave Van Ginneken
the link to Dave's application).  It's another way we, the VoIP users
community, keep in touch and share.

Also of possible interest:

June 2009: Polycom Applications with Mike Seto, Polycoms VP of market
and business development for Polycom’s voice communications division.

 http://VUC.me/2009/02/polycom-applications-with-mike-seto/

Hope some of this helps. Dave's scripts work and they point up the
serious barriers to writing apps for Polycom: the docs are horrible to
wade through and Polycom does not make an effort to make application
programming easy of efficient. AT worst, someone should write a book
with example. The microbrowser can be a useful addition to the phone.
I use it to display an RSS feed. That script should also be in the VUC
list somewhere.

Regards,

Randy