[asterisk-users] Asterisk on a Beagleboard?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Sep 22 10:59:49 CDT 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Lyle Giese wrote:

> Vincent wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Out of curiosity, has someone managed to run Asterisk on a Beagleboard
>> for home-use?
>>
>> www.beagleboard.org
>>
>> As an alternative to a PC, it can be powered from a USB hub, so that
>> would make for a compact, fanless Asterisk server.

> 128m of ram & 256 m flash for the 'hard drive' is not much in either
> catagory. And ethernet is a USB addon, not on the board.

That's plenty. My systems run happily in just that. (Geode processor)
However no Ethernet is going to be an issue! They actually "use" just 48MB
of RAM, but it's nice to have a bit spare...

However, I can't see it being hard to get it to work - I understand
Asterisk was ported to the Nokia 770's way back - that's also ARM based,
using it's Wi-Fi interface.

Can't wait to get my Nokia E900 - Arm based Linux tablet with a mobile
phone bolted on :)

Gordon