[asterisk-users] Asterisk on a Beagleboard?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Sep 22 10:24:17 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:56:55PM +0200, Vincent wrote:
> Hello
>
> Out of curiosity, has someone managed to run Asterisk on a Beagleboard
> for home-use?
>
> www.beagleboard.org
>
> As an alternative to a PC, it can be powered from a USB hub, so that
> would make for a compact, fanless Asterisk server.

That board lacks a network adapter in the default configuration. Make
sure you add one.

A different Arm: SheevaPlug, or OpenRD.
http://www.openplug.org/

I managed to build trunk on my SheevaPlug . Only thing that is left to
fix not is a minor fix to libgsm, but then again, you'd want to use
libgsm from Debian anyway :-) (the fix is to tell the configure script
not to attempt any special platform-specific optimizations in the case
of armv5). The latest releases of a number of days ago should include a
number of minor fixes that should help build on Arm.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com