[asterisk-users] dCAP Exam

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Sep 16 13:12:13 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 13:28 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> Just tunnel your HTTP traffic over an SSH link and go to some dCAP
> brain dump sites.....

Yes, there are all kinds of technical ways of trying to cover your
tracks... I've certainly seen a number of them.

That being said, it's pretty easy for me to tell whether someone
understands Asterisk or are just copying/pasting configurations from a
website.  Again, the emphasis on the dCAP exam is real-world knowledge
of how to build a simple small-business PBX with Asterisk.  If you've
used Asterisk in a professional capacity, it should be very
straightforward to pass the practical portion of the exam.  If you're an
Asterisk novice, you probably won't pass (even if you do copy/paste
configs from a website).

If you have further questions about the dCAP exam, I'd be happy to do
what I can to answer them.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager