[asterisk-users] DAHDI hangup detection

Stephen Brown stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:16:29 CDT 2009

Following up on this with some testing I have done this afternoon. I
have lengthened the default ringtime to 25 seconds from 15, and have
tried both kewlstart and loopstart. Kewlstart appears to be the most
functional, if I hang up before it hits app_voicemail, it appears to
work as intended, and I get this message in the console:

== Spawn extension (macro-dial, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/1-1' in
macro 'dial'
== Spawn extension (macro-exten-vm, s, 9) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/1-1'
in macro 'exten-vm'
== Spawn extension (from-did-direct, 2001, 1) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/1-1'
     -- Hungup 'DAHDI/1-1'

However, if I hangup while the voicemail greeting is playing, then it
leaves a 0:34 second message with busy tone and I am notified with the
new message.

Am I to assume the following?

- after 25 seconds, app_voicemail takes over and has no way of knowing
the calling party has hung up, therefore recording dial/busy/offhook
tone (whatever is present)

Is there any conceivable way to fix this? My fear is being bombarded
with bogus voice mails if people call the number and decide to hang up
while the voice mail greeting is playing.