[asterisk-users] No 64 bit binary for Fax for Asterisk

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 22:12:51 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last night I was working on trying to get Fax for Asterisk installed.
>
> I followed all the instructions, but noted that the download selector
> only provider an X86 32 Bit binary.
>
> The machine I'm using is:
>
> 2.6.26-1-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 13 17:46:45 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Others of us have had pretty good experiences with ordinary 64-bit
SendFax() and ReceiveFax(), that is, the modules you get from
app_fax.c that are standard in 1.6 asterisk if you use an asterisk
with native fax support configured and enabled. These do not suffer
from the problem you have described.