[asterisk-users] No 64 bit binary for Fax for Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 11 19:41:12 CDT 2009

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Consequently, on load it presents an error:
>
> [Sep 12 10:25:35] WARNING[31306]: loader.c:368 load_dynamic_module:
> Error loading module 'res_fax.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_fax.so:
> wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> Is there any plan to provide a 64 bit binary for my architechture?
>
> I've installed the ia32-libs package as well, but no success.

There is a plan, but it will probably be at least another 60 days before
such modules are available for testing; it's unfortunate that the FAX
protocol stack that is used in Fax For Asterisk is not natively 64-bit
clean, but we're working on improving it. As you've found, you can't
load it into a copy of Asterisk that was compiled as a 64-bit binary...
your only choices are to learn how to cross-compile to produce 32-bit
binaries on your 64-bit system, or just install the 32-bit flavor of
your distribution.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com