[asterisk-users] Looking for a way to show caller id information on the desktop

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 02:18:45 CDT 2009

As an ultra cheap way of doing it, you could simply output the caller-id to
a log file and display a "tail 20" of it on a web page.
Something like this:

exten => s,1,System( echo"${EPOCH}|${CALLERID(num)}"
>>/var/log/asterisk/incoming )

It should be trivial to display the last n lines of it on a web page that
reloads automagically.
l.

Loway - home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.com