[asterisk-users] Looking for a way to show caller id information on the desktop

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Sep 10 13:11:19 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 12:21 -0500, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> I would like to have either a web page or an application that I can
> view that whenever a call arrives on the Asterisk server
> the application will display the callerid information.

A good friend of mine has Asterisk send a Jabber message with the
CallerID information of each incoming call.  That way, he can be at work
and see who is calling his home line.  That might be a quick and easy
way to do what you're looking for.  Otherwise, you're either using the
dialplan to push the information to a relational database (using
something like func_odbc), or using the Asterisk Manager Interface to
poll for the data.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager