[asterisk-users] g723 to wav conversion

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Sep 10 01:22:31 CDT 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Ciur Eugen wrote:

> hi everybody,
>
> I try to record a call with *1 - one touch record feature in g723 format.
>     exten => _00[1-9].,1,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR_FORMAT=g723)
>     exten => _00[1-9].,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@ext-sip-account,,wW)
> I have chosen g723 format because in my
> CLI> show translation
> there is no translation between g723 format and wav (default for *1
> feature).
> After pressing *1 sequence I have two tiles in my /var/spool/monitor  -
> *in.g723 and *out.g723
>
> After searching a lot I failed to combine/use/hear or convert them into wav
> this to file.
> How can I convert those to files into wav*? *

AIUI, The one-touch stuff uses the Monitor application and that produces 2
files. MixMonitor would produce one file, but you can't mix compressed
sound streams - you need transcode them into something you can then add
then transcode them back into the format you want.

If you had an external program with the appropriate codecs you can then do
the mixing, but to do that you need something with a licesed codec in it.
Sox doesn't support it.

Gordon