[asterisk-users] How to catch isdn progress message

rp romanpauk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:32:07 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I would like to ask for some advice how to solve following situation:

We have to record and decode isdn PROGRESS message and when particular
message is found call should be hang up and dialplan should continue.

So far we have come up with two ways we think solve the problem and
would very much appreciate to hear your opinion.

1) add special progress extension to dialplan so we can start
something like AMD (app_amd.c) as progress arrives to decode the
message and than eventually call HangUp.

2) change app_dial.c to return to dialplan when progress arrives and
than either call HangUp or something like WaitForConnectedCall.

Right now we are using asterisk 1.4, but there will be need to switch
to 1.6 (because of Bridge function) in the future.

If anyone could shed some light on what solution is better or where to
start changing the sources or what to keep ourselfs out of we'll be
very glad for it.

Thanks for your time
Roman