[asterisk-users] How can I assigned an specific port of the T1 to an extension

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Sep 9 17:18:33 CDT 2009

Un-top-posting (again)...

> Un-top-posting...
>
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Juan Cardoza wrote:
>>
>>> I need to assigned an specific port of a T1 (TE121 card) to an specific
>>> extension.
>
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Steve Edwards wrote:
>>
>> Does this mean
>>
>> 1) I want all calls made from extension x to be sent out over channel y?
>>
>> or
>>
>> 2) I want all calls coming in on channel y to be sent to extension x?
>>
>> For #1, try
>>
>> 	if	("x" = "${EXTEN}")
>> 		{
>> 		dial(zap/y/55555555555);
>> 		};
>>
>> For #2, try
>>
>> 	if	("Zap/y" = "${CHANNEL}")
>> 		{
>> 		dial(sip/x);
>> 		};
>>
>> (Both examples intended as suggestions, not literal, tested code.)
>
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Juan Cardoza wrote:
>
>> Just to complete the information, do I need to load this to the
>> extensions.conf file, right?
>
> extensions.conf would be the place, but the examples are AEL which lives
> in extensions.ael. But again, this is an example, not literal code.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish?

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Juan Cardoza wrote:

> I have a TE121 card connected between AVAYA PG3r PBX and the asterisk, I
> have configured the digium card as a T1, in the AVAYA PBX I have stations
> that use the digital channels as virtual port, it means that each extension
> need to have a ds0 port, then when the person dial the asterisk extension
> from virtual AVAYA extension, should be route to the asterisk extension.

If it is of interest...

If you can configure your Avaya as an E1, you could configure Asterisk
as an E1 and have 32 channels instead of 24. I've never done this, but
have heard it may be an option.

> In the other hand I need that one skill on the AVAYA PBX route calls from
> the PBX to the asterisk extensions, so this means the stations of asterisk
> should be read in the AVAYA PBX.

I'm not clear on exactly all this means, but it sounds like about 24 (or 32)
lines in extensions.conf to map each channel to an extension and then 24
(or 32) lines to map each extension to each channel. You could do this in
just a couple of lines with some fancy pattern matching.

If you have many more channels or anticipate frequent changes or if you
want the users to be able to change the mapping via a web page you should
consider storing the mapping in a database and then accessing the database
within the dialplan using an AGI.

--
Thanks in advance,