[asterisk-users] CLI file convert from alaw to g729 with TC400B transcoding card results to an empty file

Marc Leurent lftsy at leurent.eu
Wed Sep 9 09:33:36 CDT 2009

Good afternoon,
I'm trying to use the CLI command file convert on an Asterisk 1.4.26 server with a TC400B transcoding card.
The transcoding card is working well for calls but I have some trouble converting sound files from alaw to g729. The command creates empty
file as you can see below...

CLI> file convert /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr/service_notactivated.alaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr/service_notactivated.g729

(SCREEN):root at nutella:[/var/../fr]# file service_notactivated*
service_notactivated.alaw: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, ITU G.711 A-law, mono 8000 Hz
service_notactivated.g729: empty
service_notactivated.gsm:  data

I was able to create the gsm file with the command, but the g729 one is empty. Have you got any idea how I can solve this?
Thanks
PS: I'm able to place call in g729 without problem and the TC400B works well

--
-- --
Marc LEURENT
lftsy at leurent.eu