[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI commands not running !!!!!

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Sep 8 19:47:24 CDT 2009

Un-top-posting...

> From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
> [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of abdelkader
>
> I am using Asterisk 1.4.22 in a debian 4.0 with a kernel version
> 2.6.18-6-amd64 (SMP). The processor type is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5420 @
> 2.50GHz.
>
> Sometimes, I get a strange behavior from asterisk: The CLI commands does
> not work and Asterisk cannot receive calls. The output of every CLI
> command is that command is not known (no such command).

Just grasping at straws...

How often does this happen?

Does "sudo lsof | grep /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/" show the modules you
expect?

> From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
> [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mindaugas
> Kezys
>
> Asterisk sometimes goes to sleep. (And never wakes-up).
>
> Restart it and all will be fine again.
>
> We have a watchdog which sends SIP OPTIONS packet to Asterisk and if it
> does not respond – restarts it.

Please share :)

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:

> I have a cron job that restarts Asterisk every night. This is supposed
> to be an old Asterisk best practice for 1.2.* but I think it does not
> harm.

Unless you're running 24x7x365.

I have a 1.2.7 system (with custom hacks) that needs to be restarted every
3 or 4 months due to a memory leak.

I had (until last weekend) a 1.2.2x system that had been running for over
600 days.

Both systems handle about 15k calls a day.

--
Thanks in advance,